Our Mission Statement
Ruhamas mission is to
- reach out to and provide support services to women affected by prostitution and other forms of commercial sexual exploitation
- based on individual need, to offer assistance and opportunities to explore alternatives to prostitution
- work to change public attitudes, practices and policies which allow the exploitation of women through trafficking and prostitution.
The guiding principles which inform Ruhama's work include:
- being non-judgmental
- placing a high value on equality, inclusivity, cultural diversity, dignity and respect
- affirming every woman's right to society's protection and respect
- commitment to learning and to continual service improvement
- accountability to funders and to the women we work with.