Housing & Social Welfare Support
Ruhama has a dedicated support programme to assist women to secure suitable, safe and affordable accommodation. Women are also supported in accessing social welfare benefits and negotiating the many application forms that are required during this process.
Supports offered though the Housing and Social Welfare Programme include:
• Workers advocating successfully on behalf of women to their local social welfare office so that they can be supported towards independent living.
• Support while searching for suitable accommodation.
• Assistance in completing all relevant paper work.
• Support women in opening bank/credit union or post office accounts and providing one-to-one guidance around budgeting.
• Limited financial support is given to women who are moving into accommodation