Who will my donation help?
Your donation will go directly to our support services helping those impacted by prostitution. Learn more about the women we support by reading their stories.
How will my donation be used?
Your donation will go directly to helping us provide our support services to women. We work hard to keep administrative costs low, availing of help from volunteers when we can so that your donation can impact as many women as possible.
Examples of how your donation may be used:
- Sponsorship for a woman to access an educational course
- Support a woman’s one to one session with a career guidance counsellor
- Provide an ‘Essentials Kits’ to a woman who has been trafficked (e.g. phone, toiletries)
- Provide a ‘Home Starter Kit’, full of homeware essentials for a woman entering independent accommodation
- Provide essential supplies and petrol for our Outreach Van for one month. Our van offers practical and emotional support to women on a weekly basis
Your donations are vital to improving women’s lives
Our support services improve and in some cases transform the lives of women who have been impacted by prostitution or sex trafficking.
On engaging with our service and discussing their immediate needs with our casework team, a woman might aim to:
- Enter a drug-rehabilitation programme
- Engage in counselling
- Exit prostitution
- Re-connect with friends and family
- Devise a career path plan with a career guidance counsellor
- Work on their literacy and numerical skills via classes at Ruhama
- Develop their education via a local course or traineeship
- Work on their CV with Ruhama to better access the mainstream job market
- Participate in a work placement programme at Ruhama
Your donations are vital to keeping our varied support services and resources available to women.