Ruhama is a non-profit organisation that has been granted Charitable Status in Ireland:
- Revenue (CHY) # 10733
- Charity Regulatory Authority Registered Charity (RCN) # 20027827
- Companies Registration #209799
Our registered offices are 4Castle Street, Dublin 2. We are a small organisation that is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This statement outlines the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. By visiting www.ruhama.ie, you are consenting to the practices outlined in this statement.
2. What information does Ruhama collect?
We collect data on those who come into contact with our organisation via the website, through fundraising and by way of our general operations. All data gathering, including the collecting of donations, is carried out in compliance with legal requirements, specifically the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is in line with our organisation’s values and principles.
Any information which you provide or that is collected will not made available to third parties and is used only in line with the purpose for which you provided it. Note – your personal data may be anonymised and used for statistical purposes.
Like almost all sites, we collect cookies to help tailor your experience onsite and provide you with content that is relevant. Cookies are small text files that improve website services for users, keeping your browsing secure and improving its speed. Your cookies do not contain personal data about you and will not identify you as a user.
- Collect any personally identifiable information without your express permission
- Collect any sensitive information without your express permission
- Pass data to advertising and marketing networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third
3. How do we use the information you provide?
(a) Non-Personal Data
This information is used in an aggregate form to analyse trends and usage of the website and to improve the usefulness of the website.
(b) Personal Data
The information you provide will be used solely for the purpose for which you provided it. We will process the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes: Registering your interest in and communicating with you about:
- Our fundraising events and activities;
- Our training courses/ workshops;
- Volunteering opportunities; or
- Subscription to our mailing list and
- You will be asked to provide Personal Data such as your name, phone number, postal address and email address. This information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us via our website.
(c) Processing your online donation
If you wish to make an online donation, you will be asked for the amount, your name and debit/credit card details. You can opt-in to give us your email-address. If you choose to provide this Personal Data, we will use it to issue you with a receipt.
- When making a donation through the website, you will be directed to a secure encrypted site hosted by our debit/credit card processor (everydayhero.ie), who will complete the transaction on our behalf. Your card details will not be divulged to Ruhama.
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless the disclosure is required to process your donation, to provide you with the service you have signed up for or as is required by law. In such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements.
4. What are your rights?
When you share your data with us you have certain rights. You have the right to:
- Be informed of how, for how long and for what purpose your data is being processed
- Access to a copy of your data
- To have inaccurate data rectified
- To be forgotten (have your data deleted) and to be removed from our mailing lists
- Restrict or object against your data being processed
We are committed to ensuring nothing we do will infringe on any of your rights related to the processing of your data.
Right of Access to updating or deleting your Personal Data
If you have provided Personal Data to us and you:
- Would like copies of that information;
- Would like us to update that information; or
- Would like that information deleted from our records;
Please contact the Data Protection Officer at [email protected] or on (01) 836 0292 by writing to 4 Castle Street, Dublin 2 and we will undertake to supply, correct or delete information about you on our files.
5. Changes to the Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is a live document, under regular review and was last updated in April 2019.
Ruhama takes its security responsibilities very seriously. Your personal data is held on a secure server hosted by our service provider, SupportIT. We will take all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Data.
7. Contact us
Please provide as much detail as possible with your query, so the relevant staff member can be assigned to answer.